I have 1 bedroom for rent in a shared suite on the ground level (not basement) of a beautiful old heritage home. Suitable only for single occupant.
About the rental:
Possibly available for Dec 15 or Jan 1 at the latest.
Rent $800.00 plus $400 deposit.
Bedroom with small walk in closet. Room size 9.5' x 10.5'.
Shared living area, kitchen and bathroom.
Cute front porch, large backyard with gardens & fountain.
Attached garage as well.
Includes: WIFI (and a hard line in the bedroom), Telus TV w HBO & Movie Channels, Heat, Hydro, Laundry.
Prefer that you have your own bedroom furniture but that can be discussed.
Main part of suite is completely furnished, including kitchen, but there could be some storage options and willing to make room for the right person.
House is perfectly situated in Mount Pleasant - One block from a public park. Two blocks from major bike route. #8 Fraser bus and #19 Kingsway bus just outside the front gate. 25 minute bus ride downtown. 15 min bike ride downtown. Arms length to great restaurants (Les Faux Bourgeois/Sal Y Limon//Black Lodge) and coffee (Matchstick), short walk to Main Street.
Now the real-deal details:
Me - professional female early 40s. I work shifts - mostly nights. I have a dry, sarcastic (and somewhat warped) sense of humour. Not a girly- girl. Sci-Fi Geek. Animal lover. Love to garden, cook, hike, creative arts, music & reading.
3 cats - all seniors. They are gentle and loving souls and anyone who lives here will need to respect them & their safety. If you love animals but can't have your own they would be more than happy to have you and you don't have pay for pet costs! :) (Sorry there is no room for any more pets)
Other tenant - (upstairs- separate closed off suite) also a professional with varying hours of work.
This is NOT a party house. This is our HOME. All residents work long hours and with the senior animals the home should remain a place of refuge and relaxation.
We are very lucky to live here, and we take pride in the home and the yards. There is a wonderful community here. We have BBQ in the summer and enjoy small gatherings of close friends.
In order to find a suitable new addition to our home here are a few more details:
• There is no smoking IN the house, but this is a smoke & 420 friendly property - so if you are bothered by smoke - potentially coming in the windows...
• This is a busy and active street (& fun!) and we are next to restaurants and bars - so if you are bothered by noise and smells...
• If you have a lot of furniture (other than bedroom) - there is no room. Kitchen is also fully stocked but if the right person comes along we can discuss some options. (possible storage)
• This is a liberal, community and socially aware, LGBQT positive home - if you are not like minded - please do not apply.
• Environmentally conscious people only - we limit use of chemicals and recycle as much as possible in this home.
• Also, you will not be a person who brings random strangers' home from the bar, leave lit cigarettes on furniture, come home fall down drunk and leave the doors wide open in the middle of the night
• Most importantly - this is an animal friendly zone. Working in the animal welfare industry means that there may be animals who come and go. If you have any allergies or are wary of animals this is probably not the place for you.
Please be employed or student with means. I am going to ask for references.
Not an alcoholic.
Drama -Free / Common Sense
Please be kind, respectful and honest to us and yourself about who you are.
Strongly leaning towards a female, since the last 3 males - of various ages - were nightmares.
But hey...maybe you will surprise me?
If after reading all this; you are still interested, please send me an email about yourself, with answers to the questions below. Include your phone number so I can call you.
1. Why are you moving? & When do you need a place for?
2. How long did you live in your previous space?
3. Are you open to a 12 month term?
4. What types of hobbies do you enjoy?
5. If you could change one thing about the way that you approach challenges, what would it be?
6. What is your favourite Dr. Seuss quote (or another quote)?
Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Then I would ask you meet me for some tea or coffee or water and we hang out and chat. It would be so nice to have someone we can call a friend.
Thanks for considering this wonderful house as your next home!